This is a weekly feature hosted on The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is top 10 bookworm delights.
- Receiving new books in the mail, of course I think everyone loves receiving packages in the mail. But bookworms become especially excited when these are new books!
- That new book feel, we all know very well that a new book, just feels different. It almost hurts to have to start reading the book, but we just have to know the story. But as long as we don’t break the spine!
- New book smell. I mean come on, what booknerd does not love a new book smell? I just can’t help it sometimes, the smell just reminds me of all the amazing experiences I’ve had while reading these books. I even found out this week that I love new (just built) bookshelf smell..
- Book discussions. I just love to be able to talk about awesome books with other awesome book people. Being able to share your feels and theorize what sequels might be like is amazing.
- BOOKMAILLL. Getting new books in the mail just rocks!
- Library books. There is something magical about library books. For some reason it’s just so awesome to be able to borrow a book and then read it and be able to return it for someone else to read. Sharing is caring.
- Buying new books your wanted, on sale. For me this really isn’t different from when I’m buying clothes, either way it just feels awesome to find something you wanted in the sales section and paying much less than you would have paid for it anyway.
- Reading in bed on a rainy day. I love being able to snuggle up with a good book on a rainy day. And luckily for me, since I live in the Netherlands it’s usually terrible weather, so I get to enjoy this pretty often.
- Finding underhyped books, and being able to recommend them to people. This is just awesome being able to find an amazing book that people just aren’t talking about.
- Everything else book related. To be honest, for me almost everything about books is a delight. Besides maybe papercuts. So anything related to books and stories really can make me a very happy camper.